The Evansville Association for the Blind is a not-for-profit organization committed to assisting disabled or disadvantaged persons, particularly the visually impaired, empowering them through diverse services to live and work in the community.
The purposes for which the Association was formed are:
- To render assistance in the promotion, development, improvement and delivery of services to individuals with severe handicaps, including firstly, persons with visual handicaps and secondly persons with other physical, mental, emotional and social handicaps by:
- Giving relief and aid industrially, socially, and otherwise to these individuals
- Entering into mercantile operations, including the buying, selling and manufacturing of merchandise
- Supplying useful and profitable employment for individuals with severe handicaps
- Providing rehabilitation services and work activities for said persons
- Promoting the welfare of individuals with a handicap through counsel and advice given to the individual and family
- Cooperating with local, state and national organizations in constructive policies for individuals with a severe handicap
- To solicit, accept, and receive donations, bequests, devises, gifts and dues, for the purpose of conducting the charitable and benevolent programs and projects of the corporation.