“Evansville Association for the Blind (EAB) has never lost sight of its mission to educate, employ, and therefore empower persons with vision loss. Vision loss keeps growing in our country. I heard a statistic that every seven minutes, someone somewhere in the United States loses vision. Even though we seem to see fewer babies born with only vision loss, the older population has begun losing vision due to a number of diagnoses. Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, and Glaucoma are the main causes we observe in our area of the country, but whatever the cause, these folks rely on the EAB to help them adjust to this huge obstacle put in their path.”
The Evansville Association for the Blind is a not-for-profit organization committed to assisting disabled or disadvantaged persons, particularly the visually impaired, empowering them through diverse services to live and work in the community.
The purposes for which the Association was formed are:
- To render assistance in the promotion, development, improvement and delivery of services to individuals with severe handicaps, including firstly, persons with visual handicaps and secondly persons with other physical, mental, emotional and social handicaps by:
- Giving relief and aid industrially, socially, and otherwise to these individuals
- Entering into mercantile operations, including the buying, selling and manufacturing of merchandise
- Supplying useful and profitable employment for individuals with severe handicaps
- Providing rehabilitation services and work activities for said persons
- Promoting the welfare of individuals with a handicap through counsel and advice given to the individual and family
- Cooperating with local, state and national organizations in constructive policies for individuals with a severe handicap
- To solicit, accept, and receive donations, bequests, devises, gifts and dues, for the purpose of conducting the charitable and benevolent programs and projects of the corporation.
The Evansville Association for the Blind (EAB), a not-for-profit organization located in Evansville, IN, is dedicated to supporting disabled or disadvantaged people, predominantly the visually impaired. EAB assists individuals to survive and prosper in Evansville and its surrounding counties through a variety of services. Although EAB is a not-for-profit organization, they do not receive funds from the government.
Who We Serve:
Types of Disabilities We Work With:
- Mental Retardation
- Speech Impaired
- Deaf & hearing impaired